Bear Mountain Presents 'No Big Deal'

No Big Deal holds a special place in my heart.  Not only was it a record setting season for Bear Mountain, but it was also my first year on a snowboard after high school.

There I was working the midnight shift for UPS.  At 9am I would punch out, hop in my car and make the hour drive to Bear to relieve some stress; it was the year that started it all.

Bear gave me a copy of their promotional DVD, No Big Deal, on my first visit of the season.  It was the first snowboard movie I ever owned, so needless to say I watched it so much I finally wore it out... even the menu skipped, and playing it was impossible.

It remains to this day one of my favorite edits, so I lit a fire under my ass to get my copy playing again. Getting the DVD to you via Vimeo meant buying a Skip Dr, and after that didn't work, sending the disc to Florida for resurfacing.  On the way to Florida the disc cracked, but somehow it missed the data, and I was able to get all the files.

Low and behold, here it is: No Big Deal. I'm in the same boat as you, watching this for the first time in years... and I remember the magic that made me continue to blow my UPS check on gas to drive up to Bear three times a week.

With the copious amounts of snow, Bear made the 2004/2005 season the biggest and most creative season I ever experienced there.

From enormous kickers to a plethora of VW Bugs, blazers, and giant rails painted to look like the American flag, it was a really great time to be riding in Southern California. M3 still existed, Mikkel Bang and Zak Hale were still groms with high-pitched voices, and 1080s were still a big deal.

Join me in reminiscing on a season long passed. I hope you all enjoy No Big Deal as much I did when I first saw it, and still do every time I watch it.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome video thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly what your talking about, i was at the no big deal premiere and i grabbed at least 3 copies of the video, and none of them have survived this long. i havent seen the video in its entirety in almost 2 years! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not the original soundtrack, this is the re-edit with uncopyrighted music. if you love this video so much your gunna be blown away when you watch the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and it doesnt even look like they re-editted, it looks like they just slapped the song on there. the tricks are in the same order as they are in the original.

    ReplyDelete