Hood Bound

The Hood shot.
 What a journey it has been. I woke up at 6am on Tuesday morning and jet out of Southern California with my sights on getting as close to Mt. Hood as possible. Counting an overnight stop in Redmond, Oregon the trip took about 16 hours driving nonstop.

There's was a lot of amazing scenery to take in moving from deserts to cities, plains, lakes, and rivers; unfortunately I had no time for any of it, so I did some drivebys.

Ground Zero
Leaving the desert.
Six Flags
California "Happy Cows" huddled shoulder-to-shoulder to live in their own shit.
Farmland
Sacramento--the city of...trees?
California landscape shot
First evidence that snow still exists.
Where they filmed Sound of Music. No, I don't know.
Sunset in Oregon. Only 230 miles to go...
Fancy views from a fancy Portland apartment.
It's nice to be in Oregon and out of the scorching heat. It's also nice that in Oregon you aren't allowed to pump your own gas, so I haven't had to do that for a couple of days. Of course snowboarding today was excellent. Nothing too fancy in the public park this late in the season: for rails there was a choice a single barrel donkey dick, a double barrel down, and a flat bar; for jumps a line of 4 perfectly shaped kickers, which were definitely the highlight of the day.

I have to say I think this is the most barren I've seen Mt. Hood in August, but the public park has kept good shape and I spotted some cats working on the High Cascade layout for session 6, which starts tomorrow. Stay tuned for photos and coverage of what goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment